Monday, November 17, 2008

The Road Goes Ever On and On...

As many of my blog entries have begun, it has been quite some time since my last update, so I believe it's about time I post.  However, because of how the many different things that have occurred, and the short amount of time I have at the moment, I am at a quandary as to what to write about.  So I have decided I'll just fill you in on what has been going on recently. 

This past Friday night I completed my final interview in the nomination process.  That means I sat down with the six members of my local House Representative's Service Academy Committee and answered their questions for about a half hour to 45 minutes.  Thankfully, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be, and I believe that I did fairly well.  Looking back, I could have probably explained some of my answers better, and not have said "um" at all, but...nervousness definitely did not help my speaking abilities. And yet, I think it went alright. So now, I wait.  Like I said before, this was last interview. I had two others beforehand with two-person panels for my senators.  For the one, they said I should find out about the second week of December. For the other, sometime after the first of the year.  In any case, it could be a bit yet 'till I find out if I'm still in the running.  No nomination = no appointment. But, receiving a nomination does in no way guarantee an appointment either.

I still have a few things to complete for my actual academy applications.  In fact, I'm a bit behind with those. Not that it's past the due date, but rather past the time when most applicants/candidates have them in, so I've got to get them done soon. My school/gym/babysitting schedule has kept me pretty busy though. I just have to find the time somehow, because they need to be done. I also have finals coming up, and a 15 page research paper due at the end of the semester (2-3 weeks away) for American Civil War...and I haven't picked a topic yet. The whole idea of such a huge paper is rather daunting to me, and I'm put if off. Tomorrow I'm hoping to pick a subject though, so we'll see how that goes.

The only other thing I should mention in the AFA regard is that I've been going to the gym daily, and I have a personal trainer whom I meet with weekly to help me prepare for my Physical Fitness Assessment, which I'll be taking hopefully the week after Thanksgiving. It's been going pretty well, and I can feel my body slowly but surely getting back in shape. Sore muscles are a good thing, right?

No comments: