Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Written Sometime 1-7 July '12

Forgettable
Nice - like a clean white wall that blends into the shadows
Pretty - like a wild flower in a meadow of others
Kind - like the person who says hi to everyone,
but no one remembers her name.
Me - the person that I know so well,
but others don't take the time to meet.

Perhaps this poem is negative and defeatest, and yes, I sound like a whiny high school girl looking for attention. No matter how old we get, do we ever stop being that person?  I'm tired of being the too nice, quiet girl who everyone thinks to be perfect so they don't look beyond the clean cut exterior to find the cracks of character. Maybe I am as boring as people seem to think.  I...know I am more than that, I just don't know how to show it. I can't and won't change who I am to make others interested in me.  I simply wish some found who I am interesting.-

1 comment:

Your Twin said...

I understand feeling that way.

And I like who you are. Very much so.