Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Re-Awakening

Finally.

After three years and about 3 months here at USAFA, I have come back to the world of the blogger. I hope this new inhalation of life will be a fairly anonymous one, and I am hoping this little page does not still automatically post to Facebook, but, well, I guess I'll soon know one way or the other. Maybe once again this will be my own little world to which my thoughts will find some escape. I find it hard to believe that I have gone so long without any updates to this place where once I commented so often. It truly has been far too long a gap. Much has happened.

 With my last post, I was contemplating the peace I had finally discovered when considering the new era of life upon which I was about to embark. Now, I am a Firstie in that same arena. Many won't understand the significance of that word, but I do. Three years ago, when I was a freshman, a doolie, here at the premier institution for building leaders of Character, a Firstie was one who could, in a sense, do no wrong. They effectively controlled my life, and had all of the answers. After having completed three years of intense academic, physical, and military training, they would soon embark on there careers in the Air Force, and they were ready for it.

 Or so I thought. I was a rather idealistic freshman. Now, I am that person to some freshman somewhere. "That immmortal..." as our quote begins. It amazes me to realize how ...far-fetched, my idea of a first class cadet had been.
                                                                        ---
Insert week long break; life came up.

 Well, I don't actually have much else to post right now. At the moment, I'm wondering how I've come to fall so short of the picture of a Firstie I hold in my mind, and how in the world I can graduate in under 260+ days as an LT, and possibly lead Airman. Things have just been catching up with me, and I've been simply surviving, not thriving (as my dad would say) recently. Anyway, I guess I've realized that I've got a bunch to learn still, and I will probably never feel ready to be an officer. But I suppose that's beauty of recognizing your mistakes...because otherwise you could never fix them. Ah-ight...nap time.

Cheers,
 - Rachel

No comments: