Thursday, July 07, 2005

There and back again...

So sorry for not writing in a while. I know it's pitiful how often I post.
As to the title of this entry: I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Colorada w/my sis, cousin, and Nana(grandmother). We were there visiting my aunt and uncle. Also, we worked for something called Sherpa Packer. It's a service for bikers who go on bike tours. We provided tents, air mattresses, chairs, sleeping bags, pillows, towels, and washclothes. We also took care of the bikers luggage while they rode. This time we were apart of the Bike Tour of Colorado. We set up about 105 tents. It was a lot of work, but very enriching. The tour started in Glennwood Springs. From there we went to Snowmass Village in Aspen, Leadville (altitude 10,200 ft...cold!), Salida, Crested Butte, Hotchkiss, and then Glennwood Springs again. We were able to swim in the hot springs there. The water smells like sulfur, but it feels like a hot tub. Unfortunately, it costs and awful lot just to swim for a day. But the whole trip was wonderful, and I made a lot of money too. :D Now I have enough for a missions trip I've been saving for.

Besides that, a lot of other stuff has been happening in my spiritual life. I got a book from my grandma for my birthday called "Jesus, an Obediant Son" by Michael Phillips. It basically looks at what it would be like if Jesus were walking the earth today, and he chose you to be one of His disciples. There are a lot of really good things in it. And I've been struggling with accepting God's grace. I know the verse "His grace is sufficient for you", and I know it's true. But it seems hard for me to accept that and to walk in it. I'm still a work in progress, but this I know: I wouldn't want to live without God, no matter how confused I get or how low I fall. He's always there to catch me, hold me, and set me back on my feet again. :) ~Rachel

3 comments:

[ brooke ] said...

I can't imagine living without God either.. I've had him since I was about four so I don't really know what it's like to livin' the wrong way, though I do do some stuff that a Christian shouldn't be doing.. but I'm trying my best to get better. Good luck.

CDL Gal 54 said...

sry it took me 4 ever to be in the house long enough to post on here. i had such a wonderful time with you and Beth this week! i hope that i can update on my xanga soon b/c i think that this will be a long post lol. see you tomorrow

Jason said...

Wow your last sentence is so right, that was cool that you went to colorado, I actually took a recent trip to canada myself